What does Email forwarding mean?
Email forwarding is actually a feature that various DNS providers supply. Its main purpose is to redirect the incoming traffic of one email address to another. The interesting part is that it is performing that on a domain level, and there is no need for additional special software.
It is important to understand that it is a separate feature. Moreover, it is different from an email user that transfers a message to someone else or the email forwarding element of Gmail and Outlook.
In case you are administrating the domain name, you are able to redirect the incoming emails from one of the email addresses using the domain name and transfer them to an individual email address.
Get an Email forwarding service for your domain name!
- It is simple and easy to use email forwarding. Each of the incoming emails is going to be delivered to one email address.
- If you have preferences, you can easily use the email software you want and direct all of the emails there.
- You are going to save a lot of time and manage all emails just from one account.
Email forwarding – Why should you use it?
- You have changed your domain name. – There could be various reasons why your company can change its domain name. Maybe you are making a renovation or restructuring because of growing or even a business merge. Your clients probably are going to try to contact your business via your earlier email, which is connected with your old domain name. For that reason, it is a great idea to set up email forwarding for your messages. They are going to be redirected from the old email address to the new one.
- You want to centralize messages. It could be very helpful to centralize all of the incoming messages to a single account in some situations. If you have many email addresses, you can simply merge all of them and direct them to just a single one. That way, you are not going to be confused, and you won’t miss an important message from a client, for example.
- Avoid losing your potential clients. Some of your employees are operating with delicate data, contacts, negotiations, etc. When it is time to hire a new person, which is going to replace an employee responsible for the sales, it is best to redirect the earlier emails. That way, you are not going to lose potential deals. Discussion between the customer and your business will keep going no matter the inside situation. And the new coworker will have all the needed information.
- If you want to use a public domain email account. Usually, enterprise people operate with email addresses with their domain names rather than a public email provider, like Google’s Gmail. The aim is to present a professional image and build trust in their clients. Yet, of course, if you like to use a separate account provided by an email provider, you can use email forwarding as the solution. It is going to direct all messages to the email address you want. Clients are going to write to email@example.com. Yet, you are going to receive the notifications at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, your personal email account will still be private.